It was only a couple weeks ago that I posted K is for Kitchen, Lowdown Brewery +
And, as you probably know, L comes right after K.
Don't believe me .... look it up.
As I mentioned in K is for Kitchen, Lowdown Brewery +, I had an L brewery in mind. Three are actually plenty of "L" breweries in the Denver area. Even when I eliminate the ones I've been to, I still have a few I can use in the future.
The brewery I had in mind is very close to my house and this location only opened up this past summer.
I was actually quite excited to try it out. And ... the Friday after Thanksgiving, the Beer Model and I did go check it out.
Big L, little l. What begins with L?
L is for Lariat Lodge Brewing – LittletonL. L. L.
There has been a Lariat Lodge Brewing in Evergreen for quite some time. I have often told myself I should stop by and try it sometime, but I never have.
This past summer they opened a second location closer to our house at.
12684 W Indore Pl.
Littleton, CO 80127
Hours: Daily: 11:00am-10:00pm
They moved into a space that used to be another restaurant.
The place looks very similar, although there is a bunch more brewing equipment in the space now that it is a brewery.
They also serve food, so the Beer Model and I had lunch there.
We had a flight of beers. The waitress told us we could have everything on the menu, but as it turned out, they were out of 3 beers.
The waitress got the order of the flight mixed up, and I gave the beers a few lower untappd scores than they deserved because I thought they were horrible examples of their styles.
Eventually I got it figured out, though.
- Lariat Lodge IPA ... Our waitress told us that "Golden Goliath" was the IPA. So, this was one of the beers that got a bad comment from me. The IPA was much better when I actually sorted out which one it was.
- Bear Creek Blonde Ale ... Another one that suffered a bad review in untappd from me because of the waitress telling us wrong. But, when we got things figured out, this was really a very good blond. The Beer Model got a pint of this.
- Golden Goliath ... Was a horrible IPA, but a very good Golden Strong.
- Angry Elk Amber Ale ... Pretty nice standard American Amber. The waitress actually had this one correct.
- Panoramic Porter ... Another one that was actually correctly identified to us. Nice porter.
- Red Rocks IPA ... My favorite of the flight, and the one I got a pint of. Lots of different hops in this one.
The food was very good. I had a Reuben, which is probably the best Reuben I've had in quite awhile.
My wife liked her food as well.
It seemed to be fairly popular, and there were a fair number of people there for a Saturday lunch time.
Unlike the letter "L", I am having troubles finding a brewery in the area whose name starts with the letter "M". Let me know if you have a suggestion.
I'm sure I'll figure something out.
You'll have to wait and see what I come up with... keep an eye on Sheppy's Blog: A to Z to find out what I pick.