This past weekend, I made some pulled pork for my son's graduation party. Along with that, I made my BBQ Sauce.
A bunch of people said they really liked it and a few said they'd like the recipe.
I sort of have a recipe. I don't really follow the recipe. But, I thought I'd publish a starting point.
SheppyBrew BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup beer (SheppyBrew preferred ... others are acceptable)
- 1 cup ketchup (maybe a little more than 1 cup?)
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup kombucha (substitute apple cider vinegar and / or fruit juice is you don't have homemade kombucha)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey (maybe a bit more?)
- 1ish teaspoon cumin
- 1ish teaspoon chili powder
- 1ish teaspoon black pepper
- A few more spices (experiment with what you like)
Combine ingredients and bring to boil
Simmer for about an hour (maybe a bit more) until the consistency is that of BBQ Sauce.
So ... I like this a little more spicy, so sometimes I add more hotter spices and/or hot peppers.
My wife likes it more sweet, which means more brown sugar and/or honey.
It takes some experimentation to really get the right balance.