- 2010: I have mixed 18 batches of beer. I am still on pace for 36 batches this year. (should be around 81 gallons)
In 2009, I brewed 29 batches of beer.
- 2010: I have brewed 15 different recipes. 9 of these are brand new to 2010.
2009: I had 18 completely different recipes.
- 2010: I've done 1 lager. It was a success, and I will be doing another one which I will probably start in August. It is going to be an Oktoberfest lager. I'm going to call it Rocktoberfest II.
2009: All my beers were ales.
- 2010: All my beers so far have still been Sheppy Brew recipes.
2009: 26 were Sheppy Brew recipes.
- 2010: 100% (so far) have been good, very good, great, or oh-my-god fantastic.
2009: 93% were been good, very good, great, or oh-my-god fantastic.
- 2010: 9 batches have been partial mashes.
2009: I did 3 partial mashes.
- 2010: 13 batches have had no Mr. Beer ingredients.
2009: 6 batches had no Mr. Beer ingredients.
The Beer Model has a new favorite: Buckwheat's BPA, which is probably going to have to be brewed up very often to keep up with demand. I'm not sure why Tracy likes it so much. It really is more of something I would think I would like (which I do). Usually, if Tracy really likes a beer, I think it is good, but not great. This is a rare beer that we both think is great. I've already brewed this up twice in 2010. It is probably the only beer I've ever made exactly the same twice without any tweaking of the recipe.
I also have a new favorite. Well, I guess I have a couple of new favorites: Quarter Life Crisis and Stone Soup IDA are both wonderfully extremely hoppy creations that have the malty backbones to combine into real beer-lovers' treats. These were both beers that were brewed in the first quarter, although I did not taste Stone Soup IDA until April. I've done Quarter Life Crisis twice so far this year, and will probably do another Stone Soup IDA soon.
Yes, I do realize that none of this is very interesting to very many people out there, but it does interest me. It is fun to look back and remember what I have done. Anyway, that is all for now. I'll keep you posted on what is going on in the Sheppy Brew Nano Brewery (even if you don't care).