Today, I'm 42 years old. That means that my life is more than 26% over.
Going to have to brew some more Quarter Life Crisis just for the hell of it.
42 is an interesting number.
In the bible alone:
- Rain fell 42 days and 42 nights wiping out all life on Earth minus those on Noah's little boat.
- Moses lead his people around the desert for 42 years.
- Moses ended up on Mt. Sinai a few times for 42 day / night periods.
- Jesus was presented at the temple 42 days after his birth.
- Jesus fasted 42 days and 42 nights before the devil tempted him.
- It was 42 days after the resurrection of Jesus until the ascension of Jesus.
- Lent is a period of 42 days before Easter (not sure this is Biblical ... this is my blog and I'm putting it in a biblical category)
- The are many many other references to 42 not only in the Judaic / Christian faiths and other major religions. I am not (cannot) list them all.
The only significance I can think of for the number 42 is that it is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. I suppose that is significant enough. Now if only I could remember the question.
Happy Sheppy Birthday Everyone!
|View from the condo we were in for my birthday|