The email was from an employee at 5280 Magazine letting me know that their February issue contained an article about "The 35 Best Bars in Denver". I forget where exactly I read about it, but I do think I knew about the article. Well, I know I must have read it from one of the Denver area beer bloggers. I just don't remember which blogger.
You'll have to read the article to get most of the content. I'm embarrassed to say that I've only been to three of the 35 bars. I'm going to get this issue of the magazine, so maybe I'll use the article as a check-list and attempt to get to some more of the bars.
The bars that I have been to are:
- Falling Rock Tap House 1919 Blake St., 303-293-8338 http://fallingrocktaphouse.com/ has lots of great craft beer. I would certainly agree that it has to be one of Denver's top area bars. The article says it has 85 (or so) rotating handles. If you can't find something you like here, you don't like beer.
- Wazee Supper Club 1600 15th St., 303-623-9518 http://www.wazeesupperclub.com/ . I was here for a company Christmas party a LONG time ago and I don't really remember much about it. I do remember that it is one of the only times (maybe THE only time) I've had a martini. I much prefer beer!
- Blue Moon Brewing Company at the Sandlot Coors Field, 2161 Blake St., 303-298-1587. This is a brewery right along right field of Coors field. I have liked everything I've had there. Last time I was there, they had a fantastic ESB. Nice and hoppy. This is a wonderful little place.
- Freshcraft 1530 Blake St., 303-758-9608 http://freshcraft.com/ is another great Craft Beer Bar in Lodo. I really need to check this place out.
- Denver Bicycle Cafe 1308 E. 17th Ave., 720-446-8029 http://www.denverbicyclecafe.com/ . I just recently heard this advertised on the Colorado Craft Beer Show, so I assume they have some pretty good beers on tap. I love the idea of a bicycle bar. When it gets warmer, I am pretty sure my family will be coincidentally biking along 1308 E. 17th Ave on some weekend.
Of course the sections of the article that most interested me was the Craft Beer section and the Sports Bar section. I probably won't ever attempt to hit any of the other types of bars.
Go ahead and read the article online: http://www.5280.com/magazine/
|None of these bars serve Hopslam, but I though this post needed a picture.|
HAPPY GROUNDHOG's Day everyone!
Good Afternoon: 5280 Magazine’s February issue published an article highlighting The 35 Best Bars in Denver. Our editors drank their way through hundreds of bars in Denver and selected the best breweries, cocktail lounges, and wine bars in the Mile High City. After reading your blog, Sheppy's Blog, I discovered your passion for reporting on the best bars and cocktails in Denver. Based on that, I think this article is an excellent fit for your blog, and has content that you and your readers would greatly enjoy. Put our list to the test and if you feel that one of our selections isn’t the best then feel free to challenge us. Here is a link to the article: http://www.5280.com/magazine/
2012/02/bestbars. If you would like a hard copy of the magazine, or would like to set up a Q&A with the editor of this piece please email me at [rest of the email omitted to protect the innocent]
It''s quite impressive.ReplyDelete
Glad you like it, TTWR.Delete