Just like the letter "R". The letter "S" had plenty of breweries for us to pick from.
The Colorado Brewery map has over 25 breweries whose names start with S. Not all of those are in the Denver area though.
I could have picked from any one of these: Sanitas Brewing Company; Satire Brewing Company; Seedstock Brewery; Sheaf & Kettle Brewing; Shoes & Brews; SomePlace Else Brewery; Something Brewery; Soul Squared Brewing Company;Southern Sun Pub & Brewery; Spangalang Brewery; Sparge Brewing; Spice Trade Brewing Company; Station 26 Brewing Company; Stein Brewing Company; Strange Craft Beer Company.
Some of those I've been to and some are a little farther away than is practical (especially given that we had such a huge number to choose from.
When it came right down to it, it wasn't difficult to pick at all. I picked a brewery that I've been meaning to visit for quite some time.
S is for Station 26 Brewing Company
Station 26 Brewing Company is in an old fire station in the Park Hill neighborhood of Denver.
7045 East 38th Ave, Denver, CO 80207
It's hours are
Mon — Thu: 1pm — 11pm
Fri & Sat: 11am — 11pm
Sun: 11am — 9pm
The day we went, there was a food truck set up outside "Basic Needs Pizza". According to the Station 26 Website, they are there every Saturday.
We ordered some delicious wood-fired pizza from the food truck and then went in for some beer.
Station 26 doesn't really have flights, but they do have tasters you can buy separately. We got 8 of them.
- 303 Lager ... bright golden lager is brewed with an all-malt bill and is as easygoing as Colorado. Gluten Reduced. 5.2% ABV, Color: Pale Straw. Key Ingredients Colorado Cascade hops. It was a nice easy drinking delicious lager.
- Tangerine Cream ... Sunshine in a glass. A cream ale plus fruity creamsicle flavors. Gluten Reduced. 5.2% ABV, Color: Pale Straw. Key Ingredients Tangerine and vanilla. Nice little beer.
- Vienna Lager ... This classic Vienna lager is malty, with light toasted notes, and finishes dry and crisp. 4.9% ABV, Color: Deep Copper. Standard Vienna Lager. Very nice.
- Local News DDH IPA ... A double dry-hopped IPA brewed in collaboration with New Image Brewing. 6.3% ABV, Color: Pale Gold. Key Ingredients Centennial, Citra, and Galaxy hops. Pretty easy drinking for an IPA.
- Mango Passionfruit Sherbert ... A sour beer brewed with mango, passionfruit, and vanilla for a tart and fruity character. Contains lactose! 6.2% ABV, Color: Gold. Key Ingredients Mango, passionfruit, lactose. Pretty tame for a sour. I liked the flavor, but it isn't something I would ever have more than a taster of.
- Export Stout ... This foreign export stout features a smoothly roasted malt character with light hints of coffee, chocolate, and caramel. 6.5% ABV, Color: Black. Key Ingredients Pale Chocolate malt, Munich II, Saaz and Apollo hops. Nice stout.
- Citra IPA ... This single hop IPA spotlights the Citra hop. Features strong floral aromas and citrus flavors. 6.8% ABV, Color: Gold. Key Ingredients Citra hops. Was delicious ... especially if you're a fan of Citra (like me).
- Juicy Banger IPA ... Their flagship IPA. Notes of apricot, papaya, and honey. 7.4% ABV, Color: Gold. I've had this before. It is a great IPA.
Then, of course we had a couple of pints to finish off our pizza with.
If you get a chance ... give this place a visit. The taproom is awesome and the beer is fantastic. And ... it looks like they have food trucks scheduled every day. (See their food truck page on their website).
We really enjoyed everything about our visit.
Next up ... "T".
Again ... there are a bunch of choices for "T". Let me know in the comments if you have suggestions.
As always ... you'll have to stay tuned on Sheppy's Blog: A to Z to find out what we pick!