As I was brewing beers in my Homebrew Colorado 6 pack, I noted that 3 out of the 6 beers no longer existed at their commercial breweries, so I was unable to compare my beers to the beers that they were meant to represent.
I brewed ...
- Stone Soup IDA to represent TommyKnocker's Hop Strike Black IPA
- One Hundred Hoppy Brown Ale to approximate Boulder Beer Company's Flashback India Brown Ale
- Irregular Eric's Double IPA as a tribute to Oskar Blues Deviant Dale's India Pale Ale
- Ska Brewing Company's Mexican Logger ... A crisp and refreshing summer Mexican craft lager. More flavorful than the big boys it has a great Saaz hop finish in a low alcohol quaffable session beer. The sort of beer you can enjoy all day. I figure that SheppyBrew's Sin Lima Mexican Lager would be a perfect beer to compare to this. Sin Lima probably has a little more malt flavor and body, but I think they make a good match.
- Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale ... Colorado's classic pale ale. Nice American citrus hop flavor and aroma with a great malt backbone. 6.5% ABV with 65 IBU. Not quite an IPA, but a little more than a typical Pale Ale. I figure I can take Irregular Eric's and reduce the ABV. According to Oskar Blue's stats, it is already about the right color. I'm planning on naming the new beer Eric's Pale Ale.
- Copper Kettle Mexican Chocolate Stout ... Probably my favorite beer from Denver's Copper Kettle Brewing Company. A 7% ABV Chocolate Stout with cinnamon, and various hot peppers. I will have to design a new homebrew recipe to match this beer. I'm thinking I'm going to name my homebrew something like "Caliente Fuerte Mexican Stout".