Unless you just followed the link, you probably don't remember much about "Colorado 6 pack", but it was basically a blogging collaboration that @BryanDRoth at This Is Why I'm Drunk. set up.
So I did that back in 2013 for Colorado. The blog post seems to have been fairly popular over the past month or so. It has been getting more traffic than my more recent posts.
It got me thinking ... wouldn't it be fun to brew up beers inspired by this "Colorado 6 pack"?
- TommyKnocker's Hop Strike Black IPA .. I don't think TommyKnocker makes this beer anymore. But, I can certainly make a Black IPA. In fact, I have a recipe for Stone Soup IDA that I've already made a couple times.
- Odell Brewing Company's IPA ... I have IPA's on the SheppyBrew website, but I think if I make this one, I'll borrow from the AHA's Zymurgy Clone recipe to make my homebrew version.
- New Belgium's 1554 Enlightened Black Ale ... I actually made SheppyBrew's Blackhawk Black as a tribute to 1554.
- Boulder Beer Company's Flashback India Brown Ale ... One Hundred Hoppy Brown Ale was inspired by Flashback.
- Oskar Blues Deviant Dale's India Pale Ale ... I have not seen Deviant Dave's in awhile, so either it is only seasonal now or they retired the recipe. I also have not really seen a homebrew recipe for this beer. However, it is supposedly Dale's Pale Ale with higher ABV and IBU. I can start with the AHA's Zumurgy Clone Recipe of Dale's and work on making it more.
- Left Hand Milk Stout ... AHA also has a Milk Stout Clone recipe I can borrow from. OR ... I can always brew up Stouticus American Stout with a little milk sugar added when I keg.
So, stay tuned on Sheppy's Blog: 6 Pack Project. You'll start to see me post about brew days and recipes etc.
Excited? Sure you are.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete