This is obviously more for my benefit than for yours. I figure it is ok since I am probably the biggest fan that this blog has.
- 4:30 pm ... leave work and drive to light rail station. Eat a sack-supper on the way.
- 5:30 pm ... enter the event through the members only entrance.
- 6:00 pm ... (hopefully before. perhaps after) ... get tasting cup and head straight to O14 to Russian River's booth in hopes of trying Blind Pig and/or Pliny the Younger from my Zymurgy List.
- 6:00 pm - 6:30 pm ... sample beers between O14 and the Beer & Food Pavilion.
- 6:30 pm - 7:00 pm ... Attend "A Sausage Tapping" at the Beer & Food Pavilion.
- 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm ... Pick up a gift for the Beer Model. Try beers. Check out some of the state brewers guilds. If I have time, hit the Pro-Am beers at C35
- 7:30 pm – 8:00 pm ... Attend "Bringing the Local Brewery Back" at the Brewer Studio Pavilion.
- 8:00 pm - 8:30 pm ... Try Pro-Am beers at C35 (if I didn't have time earlier). Find breweries below.*
- 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm ... Attend "2011 GABF Gold Medal Winner Tasting" at the Brewer Studio Pavilion.
- 9:30pm - 10:00 pm ... Reconnaissance for the rest of the weekend. Drink water. Make sure to go to the restroom well before time to leave.
- Sun King Brewing Company E35.
- Tröegs Brewing Company D24
- Dragoon Brewing Company K25
- Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project R7
- DESTIHL A30 & A31
- Wynkoop for the Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout P22
- Blackstone Pub & Brewery ... F9
- Boscos Brewing Company ... PUB3
- Big River Grille and Brewing ... F7
- Flat 12 Bierwerks ... A25
- Triton Brewing Co ... E28
- Three Floyds Brewing Co. ... E31
- New Holland Brewing Co. ... B27
That is my plan.
Do me a favor and leave a comment below if you have a suggestion of a brewery you think I need to visit. I am most interested in breweries / beers that I cannot get in Colorado, but am open to any suggestion.
|Photo from the GABF Facebook Page.|