This is obviously more for my benefit than for yours. I figure it is ok since I am probably the biggest fan that this blog has.
- 4:30 pm ... leave work and drive to light rail station. Eat a sack-supper on the way.
- 5:30 pm ... enter the event through the members only entrance.
- 6:00 pm ... (hopefully before. perhaps after) ... get tasting cup and head straight to O14 to Russian River's booth in hopes of trying Blind Pig and/or Pliny the Younger from my Zymurgy List.
- 6:00 pm - 6:30 pm ... sample beers between O14 and the Beer & Food Pavilion.
- 6:30 pm - 7:00 pm ... Attend "A Sausage Tapping" at the Beer & Food Pavilion.
- 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm ... Pick up a gift for the Beer Model. Try beers. Check out some of the state brewers guilds. If I have time, hit the Pro-Am beers at C35
- 7:30 pm – 8:00 pm ... Attend "Bringing the Local Brewery Back" at the Brewer Studio Pavilion.
- 8:00 pm - 8:30 pm ... Try Pro-Am beers at C35 (if I didn't have time earlier). Find breweries below.*
- 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm ... Attend "2011 GABF Gold Medal Winner Tasting" at the Brewer Studio Pavilion.
- 9:30pm - 10:00 pm ... Reconnaissance for the rest of the weekend. Drink water. Make sure to go to the restroom well before time to leave.
- Sun King Brewing Company E35.
- Tröegs Brewing Company D24
- Dragoon Brewing Company K25
- Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project R7
- DESTIHL A30 & A31
- Wynkoop for the Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout P22
- Blackstone Pub & Brewery ... F9
- Boscos Brewing Company ... PUB3
- Big River Grille and Brewing ... F7
- Flat 12 Bierwerks ... A25
- Triton Brewing Co ... E28
- Three Floyds Brewing Co. ... E31
- New Holland Brewing Co. ... B27
That is my plan.
Do me a favor and leave a comment below if you have a suggestion of a brewery you think I need to visit. I am most interested in breweries / beers that I cannot get in Colorado, but am open to any suggestion.
|Photo from the GABF Facebook Page.|
What's good to note is that you DON'T have to stand in that mile long line to get in. Why get there early just to stand in line? If you want to walk right in, show up about 20-30 minutes after the doors open and everyone will already be inside. Save your legs some wear and tear and start drinking the moment you show up.ReplyDelete
Well, good point, Dave.ReplyDelete
Thursday night, I have access to the members-only line which (at least last year) gets me into the event in a few minutes even when everyone else outside has to make that long trek. So, I might as well just show up right at 5:30.
Friday night, I was not able to get the members-only line ticket, so I will have to either wait in the long line or show up half an hour late. Actually, the line moves so fast that I don't tend to mind waiting in the line.
I'm jealous, wish I was going this year again. Next year for sure! Can't wait to read what ya have to say about it :)ReplyDelete
We'll miss you, Ken, and I'll try not to disappoint with my updates.ReplyDelete