I have had some cans of Mr. Beer HME and UME (hopped malt extract and unhopped malt extract) for quite some time. In fact I am pretty sure I have not bought my own since Peter from Mr. Beer gave me some after the 2010 GABF. A couple of the "use by" dates on these cans are coming up.
So, today I had enough free time to whip up a batch of beer (a Mr. Beer batch, not a "real" batch) and decided to go ahead and use up these cans of extract.
It has been a LONG time since I've done a straight Mr. Beer batch of beer, but decided I didn't want to go through the effort of coming up with anything, so my recipe is simple.
For a 4.5 gallon batch:
- 1 Can Mr. Beer High Country Canadian Draft HME
- 1 Can Mr. Beer Cowboy Golden HME
- 2 Cans Mr. Beer Pale Malt Extract
- harvested Nottingham yeast from the Beer Model's Laser Salt batch of a couple weeks ago.
- 1 Can Vintner's Harvest pureed fruit (type to be determined ... probably raspberry) added in a secondary fermentation
Don't tell anyone. No one will know the difference.