Last week (from when I am typing this ... not when it was posted), there were technical issues with SheppyBrew.com where the web server could not connect to it's database.
I was a bit annoyed that my hosting company needed me to point out the problem, and that it took them several hours to fix it after I pointed it out.
But, in the grand scheme of things ... it's a first world problem.
For some reason ... once the issue was fixed, and I was looking through the database I decided to figure out what beers I've brewed the most.
I went down a rabbit-hole of sql queries and since I had gone through that effort ... I thought I might as well share what I found.
1st Place ... 14 Batches
She still claims that it is one of her favorite beers.
2nd Place ... 11 Batches
Eric's Red Ale ...
Tied 3rd Place ... 10 Batches
3 out of the 4 Seasonal Saisons ...
My Summer Saison is pretty classic in color, but my Winter Saison is a black color and my Autumn Saison is a dark red / amber / Oktoberfest color.
As I brew these every year, I'm sure these will eventually work their way up the list into being tied for first place.
6th Place ... 9 Batches
7th Place ... 8 Batches
The beer was a big hit, and I brewed it several times after that first time, but I have not brewed it since September of 2016.
Tied 8th Place ... 7 Batches
Honorable Mentions ...
- Tommy Hawk APA brewed 6 times.
- Quarter Life Crisis Hoppy Red Ale brewed 5 times.
- Blackhawk Black Ale brewed 5 times.
- Boo Berry American Wheat brewed 5 times
- T.Ra.Sh. Light Mexican Lager brewed 5 times.
- Sasquatch Hunter German Altbier brewed 4 times.
- Muggled Pale Ale brewed 4 times.
- X-Mas Ales 2009 - 2023 ... 15 separate batches. I consider these separate recipes, but the base is always similar enough that I though it was at least mentioning in this discussion.