For what it is worth, the 3rd Quarter Stats post from last year are the 9th most popular post all-time on this blog. I know you don't really care, but let's be honest, you've probably already lost interest and won't read the rest of this blog post anyway.
So, in the 3rd quarter of 2011:
- I brewed 6 batches of beer. This puts me at 18 batches for 2011.
I brewed 33 batches of beer in 2010, so my number of batches is going to be much less this year than last year.
- Only 1 recipe Psychotically Dark and Bitter IDA was brand new this quarter. This makes a total of 7 brand new recipes in 2011.
I did 18 brand new recipes in 2010.
- I brewed around 26 gallons of beer in the quarter. My total for the year is 73 gallons. It looks like I have a shot at hitting my 100 gallon limit for the year. Of course there are two adult brewers in my household, so technically the SheppyBrew nano-brewery can lawfully produce 200 gallons per year.
Last year, I brewed about 76 gallons of beer. I've already brewed done a couple of batches in the 4th quarter, so I have already out-brewed last year's total volume of beer.
- I brewed 1 lager. It is my 2nd for the year (both were Rocktoberfest Lagers).
Last year, I did 2 lagers all year. I've already done another in the 4th quarter this year, so I have already done more lagers in 2011 than 2010.
- For both the quarter and the entire year, I have done 2 batches with Mr. Beer ingredients (Wetta Blonde and Psychotically Dark and Bitter IDA)
Last year, I did 9.
- I have done no partial mashes for the quarter. I've done 1 all year.
Last year, I did 9.
- Only 4 of my batches for the quarter were all-grain. This puts me at 15 for 2011.
Last year, I did 10 all-grain batches.
- This quarter, 3 of my batches were kegged. I've kegged 6 for the year.
Last year, I didn't keg anything.
- I decided that tracking cost of the batches is not worth the efforts. My LHBS increased prices on just about everything, and I noticed I had not been really keeping the prices up-to-date in Beer Smith as I thought. Plus, the upgrade to BeerSmith 2 blew away my changes to prices. Not a big deal, really.
Thankyou Stouticus). This time, I used it as a bribe to get additional donations to the 2nd Wind Fund. I am distributing to less people. This select few will get more to drink, and I will be able to take a bigger cut as well. Our company was acquired, and the COO (actually, he has a less impressive title now that he is not an owner anymore) gave the last 2 of his bottles of the last batch to the corporate suits who came to talk to us about the transition. They are already talking about another batch to commemorate the assimilation (I think they are talking a new recipe ... not another Stouticus). I'm wondering if I can expense an upgrade brewing equipment to the new corporate entity that took us over.
Last time (2nd Quarter Brew Stats), I mentioned that I had switched to BIAB and that I was thinking of doing the BIAB mash in a cooler. Since then, I've decided to go back to the traditional infusion mash tun in that 10 gallon cooler. I decided that BIAB was not for me. (see Back to the mash tun). The 10 gallon cooler uses a false-bottom so hopefully the issues I had with the stainless braid won't come into play.
Wow - sounds like you brew a heck of a lot more than I do. I'm lucky to get in 2 batches a year. You could teach me a lot on how to improve my homebrew (especially the all-grain part). Love to hear more about your brewing techniques and special brews you make. Cheers!ReplyDelete
I bet you never have issues finding space for your beer, Dave. The hardest part of brewing this much is finding good homes for the beer.ReplyDelete
A guy on the MrB forum told me he finds these posts interesting. Wow. that makes two of us!ReplyDelete